Overseas students who meet the following conditions are eligible to apply for NUPACE:
- Students MUST be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programmes at overseas universities that have concluded an academic exchange agreement with Nagoya University. Refer to Partner
- Students MUST have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) or better on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent.
- NUPACE requires exchange students to be proficient in either English OR Japanese.
Unless they attend/have attended universities where English is the language of instruction, non-native English speakers who wish to participate in the NUPACE English-language curriculum should possess a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 79, an IELTS overall band score of 6.0, a TOEIC score of 780, CEFR band B2, CET-6 score of 450, or the equivalent.*
*Students studying at universities in Scandinavia, Germany, Austria, Hong Kong, Singapore, or at Bilkent University in Turkey are exempt from providing proof of their English language ability. The same applies to those students who have undertaken part of their formal education in English, and those whose major discipline at university is English.
Students intending to take regular university courses instructed in Japanese must possess level N1 or 1 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), or the equivalent. Students intending to enrol in the Intensive Programme in Advanced Japanese are required to possess at least level N2 of the JLPT.
- Students Participating in the
Programme on a Self-financed Basis, NUPACE requires all self-financed students to provide the statement of bank account balance or scholarship. (This requirement applies to those students who intend to participate in NUPACE even if they are not nominated for a Student Exchange Support Program scholarship.
For university fees and living expences, please refer to financial information.
- Students applying for a one-semester exchange should attach a bank balance or scholarship certificate verifying that they have funds equivalent to JPY 500,000
- students applying for a one-year exchange need to verify that they have JPY 1,000,000.
NUPACE is competitive.
Please be advised that meeting the above requirements does not
guarantee admission to the programme.